Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Nico back to work / Luc is 2 weeks old

I can't believe how fast the days go already.  Nicolas is back at work, well, he's at the house but working since Monday.  Luc is 2 weeks old on Wed.

Luc is nursing faster but sometimes more often. We are around 15-20 minutes instead of an hour! He's hungry sometimes after 2 hours instead of 3. In the evening, he seems to want to eat nonstop then we finally get him down for good around 2 or 3 and have to wake him for the next feeding. Sometimes it's a 5 hour stretch from feeding to feeding at that time and we have to wake him for the next feeding 3 hours later too.  He's having lots of trouble burping and he's spitting up a lot. Well, not lots of trouble, but he spits up or grunts in discomfort if you put him down to sleep too soon after eating (seems like anytime after eating... makes for long long nighttime feedings).And maybe he's not spitting up a lot for a 2 week old, but it's darn inconvenient! :) Well, and he's spitting up during feedings too. Today, his diaper leaked and I noticed it in the middle of a feeding so I changed him.   Then he spit up most of the feeding, all over me!  So, laundry again today...  which is ok. Thankfully, it didn't make it to the chair I was sitting in, just the boppy pillow and my clothes.

Nicolas is working now, so I take all the late night changing/feeding/burping/putting back to sleep duties....  Makes for a more tired me during the day. Well, somebody has got to bring home the bacon so I guess Nico gets to sleep at night since he's working during the day :)

According to our scale, Luc weighed 8 pounds, 5 ounces, on Wed. So, that was 9 ounces in 5 days. I think he's changing every day, getting his double chin and working on fat cheeks.  It's a surprise to see him grow out of newborn size onesies. But I don't know why I am surprised since he's gaining and I even notice physical changes.  We are now in the 0-3 month size. It seemed to happen overnight.

He really doesn't like staying in a wet/dirty diaper. He pees or poops and wants the diaper off!

Nicolas is trying to eject me from the nest, so I had lunch with a friend and took Luc with me. It's strange to be a mom all of a sudden. Well, I know I had 9 months to 'prepare' but it doesn't sink in until you have the kid.

I read that some people feel a little sadness that they are no longer pregnant. I'm happy to be done with that. I mean, the pregnancy overall was a unique experience and I'm happy to have gone through it and it went pretty well. I'm not sad because I have the thing that made me pregnant in front of me...  the baby! I like being able to put my socks on without a problem and cut my toenails... Unfortunately, since the belly is gone, I am able to slouch again and am doing so all the time. I love not having heartburn!  And I'm fine without the every day ice cream, milkshake, and/or cookies cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment