Well, our little baby is still in my belly! Everything looked ok at the doctor visit. Not much change on the dilation, etc. The baby has moved a little lower. The doctor did talk about inducing mid-next week if he doesn't come naturally. We have an appointment for a regular checkup on Friday.
We've been trying to stay busy and do things to keep the wait from becoming unbearable. Trips to the mall, dinner out. It helps some.
It's not like I'm really ready for all the changes to come, but pregnancy in the last weeks is just an uncomfortable hormonal state. I'm not the first to experience it but it's frustrating all the same. For me especially, there is the factor of the unknown. I like to have a plan with time frames and what we've got is a wait and see with ups and downs and thinking something will change or it's going to happen but it's all guess work. You know, oh, more contractions today! but then nothing happens. It WILL happen in the next couple weeks but if I'm induced half of my birth preferences get dislodged. If so, then so be it. I will adjust and accept it.
Nicolas seems to be taking it better than I am but of course he is not dealing with all the pregnancy ailments and discomfort and hormonal ups and downs (well, not physically himself :) just second hand ) . Genevieve is here waiting. My mom has her bag packed and checks in with me almost every day. We are all waiting!
I'm tired today. My lower back hurts some. In addition, see all complaints from last couple weeks.
It's ironic right, trying to get to pregnant for 3.5 years and then wow, get pregnant and oh, after 9 months of 'being' pregnant I am soooo ready to be not pregnant again. I mean the baby is there and should be done cooking so why can't he come out already.


Don't worry I complained a lot by the end too. If you end up getting induced it will be OK. I know there are lots of scary stories but mine was for the most part a better experience then with Elijah. Weird I know. Maybe you could write a just in case plan for an induction.
ReplyDeleteThis is good practice for what's to come -- learning to roll with it. The best parenting advice I can give you is to learn to accept that your plans won't work out many, many times. I had my heart set on breastfeeding, and I tried so hard, but it just didn't work, and Mason was losing weight. I fought the good fight, but we ended up on formula. I felt sick about it and beat myself up about it, but in the end, my son had a full tummy and was thriving. That's what's important. Parenting is the ultimate test of figuring out how to let the little things go and changing expectations!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouragement guys :)
ReplyDelete