Happy one month, Luc!
There are so many things I think of to put in the blog and then forget... And this broken sleep thing has my memory capacity at zero. Seriously, I can't remember more than 4 hours ago or before the last time I slept. Fortunately, it's Saturday and Luc is with daddy.... so while I'm a little refreshed from the broken sleep I might be able to get some details in this blog!
Mom and Malcomb visited last weekend and we had a very nice weekend. Nana (my mom's preferred grandma name) had fun with Luc - see the end of blog for picture:)
Thorsen was here overnight last night :) Yay, Luc got to meet Uncle Thorsen!
Luc and I hang out together during the day. If he's still sleeping after his morning feeding, Nicolas takes him in the office with him in the morning and I sleep a little bit longer.
Breastfeeding still hurts. We had the lactation consultant come this week. She helped us rule out some things and figure out what's going right. She had lots of praise for how happily Luc was eating and noted how when he figured out I was going to feed him he patiently waited for me to get ready. We weighed him before and after and he got 2.5 ounces in one feeding. The lactation consultant said she didn't see any problems giving him pacifier or bottle now because he so thoroughly demonstrated his ability to drink from the breast.
He's not on a schedule really for eating. Some days he goes longer without eating and other days it's every two hours for a long stretch. At night it's 3 hours or 5. He is still gassy and spits up some when laying flat soon after a feeding(like every time he eats at night). He is burping better and better so that is helping. The lactation consultant recommended to try gripe water, she said it either works really well or it doesn't so it's worth it to give it a try. I've taken over most of the night duties cause Nicolas is working.
We gave him a bottle of breast milk for the first time night before last and it was a very strange feeling. It made me realize I have been his sole source of water and food and nutrients for 4 weeks! And it was strange to sit by and watch someone else feed him even if I provided the contents of the bottle (Nicolas gave it to him). Nico enjoyed it :) I also realized that it doesn't have to be me feeding him EVERY time! This means we can be a little more free (well, I am more free) to not be tied to every single feeding.
I used the Hooter Hiders for the first time last night. We watched a movie with Thorsen and it was nice to not have to go into another room to feed him. It was very awkward for the first time so I will have to practice....
Luc is starting to smile like he means it now instead of those goofy gas grins. He holds onto things - I have to start wearing my hair up or he catches it in his little hand. He turns towards voices.
He likes to look at the skylights. I guess the contrast is so great that they fascinate him. He also likes to look at ceiling fans. He's awake more and interacting with us more.
We owe everyone updated pictures of his room. We put up stickers on the walls and his name in letters. It's a very fun room now and we like it a lot :)
He has his month doctor's visit on March 14.
Here is Nana and Luc spending some quality time together :)
Daddy holds Luc while he naps...
Mommy holds Luc while he naps... and is amazed that he seems comfortable with his foot under him like that....
Mommy and Luc nap together cause Mommy is REALLY tired....
Daddy asked to take a picture of Luc (that's Mommy holding him up)
Another napping picture...
Some awake pictures:











No comments:
Post a Comment