We got a package from New Caledonia today! That was super fun :)
I'm slowly getting some little things done around the house and keeping up with laundry. I manage to shower every day. Nicolas is working and going to the gym 3 times a week. We happily watch TV while we eat dinner in the evenings. I'm trying to get out during the day. I run an errand and take Luc or meet a friend for lunch. I've joined a local mommies group online and go to my first all ages play date next week. Hopefully, I'll meet some more moms in this area.
I find that I also call Luc "Little Buddy" and Nico is calling him LuLu and Pépère.
Still only breast milk for little Luc. Things are not 100% pain free but obviously it's tolerable since I manage to feed him round the clock and haven't flipped out. It comes and goes. We feed him with the bottle about every other day. He is spitting up less, burping better. His gas is still constant. It's really the only thing that bothers him besides if he's hungry and we don't feed him fast enough.
Luc seems to be settling into some sleeping patterns which sort of coincide with our sleeping patterns. He kind of sleeps from 11pm-1am or so and then after I feed him again he sleeps well until either 3/4am or 7/8am. The 1am - 7am nights are about 70% of the time. Then he goes back to sleep until 10 or 11am.
This (8/9am to 10/11 am) is when I try to go back to sleep too and get an extra couple of hours. He makes a lot of noise that makes it hard for me to sleep through so Nicolas has been taking him into his office during this time. Poor Nico did this on Sunday morning too. That means I get uninterrupted quiet sleep for a couple hours :) Of course, on mornings we have an appointment or church or something it means I just don't get those extra couple of hours. Getting those extra couple of hours makes everything sooo much better. I get tired in the afternoon either way so sometimes I get little cat naps here and there if Luc is sleeping.
Some days he is awake after the 7/8/9am feeding, but most days this awake time is after the 10/11am feeding. He's happier if I lay him down to look around and kick his legs and wave his arms. Today he was mostly awake until his next feeding! During the day he does about 3 hour stretches, except in the evening he starts getting closer to 2 hour stretches - I guess his little body is preparing to sleep those stretches and he needs to tank up.
Easter weekend is this weekend and has really kind of snuck up on us. We are trying to figure out what our plans will be. Next week, Nicolas goes to Florida for a couple days. I'll be on my own for 2 nights! So, that will be interesting. may 6th we are going to Florida for a week. My cousin is getting married so we will drive down to Jacksonville. Nico's company is there so he will work from there for a week and we will come back the weekend after. We are excited to see all the family that week (all my mom's famiily lives there).
And bonus, just now Luc put most of his meal back on me.... that makes this laundry day!
I have videos too, but maybe next time..... for now, here are some pics :)


No comments:
Post a Comment