Well, for those who know my family, you guessed it! It's a boy! So, with my brothers, their kids, and this future addition, we're getting close to have a soccer team!
We went to do our 18 weeks ultrasound today, and got some great shots of this little guy.

Everything looked good. He had liquid in his stomach which proves that he can swallow, he had liquid in his bladder proving his kidneys are functioning. His head had the right dimensions, everything looked good.
Then the nurse started looking between his legs, and tada! there it was. To be completely honest with you, I'm glad she pointed it out to us, because she could have told us it was a girl and I would have believed her... it's so hard to see on these pictures! You can see for yourself on the picture below, it's that little thing next to the cursor...
So there it is. How embarrassing for him... not even born, and already naked on the internet.
Oh well.
So, I am happy it is a boy, of course. We had discussed it before. Thursall would have preferred a girl (but she is happy about it being a boy too), I didn't actually have any preferences, except that I wanted at least a boy at some point so that my name would stay in the US. Every time you talk to an American, they tell you how they are half Irish and half Chinese (how weird!), or how their grand parents came to the US way back when. Well, I'm the future grand parent in this case!
Anyway. I think I probably would have preferred a girl first, and then a boy, but then you see so many people getting girls after girls after girls, and then getting one more girl because they were trying to get a boy (you know who you are...), that I kind of feel relieve to have this one out of the way!
Here are some more pics for those interested. Let us know what you think!
and here is a little bonus from last week's visit :)





No comments:
Post a Comment