Well, so we had our great ultrasound this morning. Even with that great news, the rest of the day I have felt like crap! Very tired, even with naps. I just want to cry, not because of something but more like I just feel like crying. I am also a little on the pissy/emotional side. ugh. We have a theory now that it's confirmed girl. the theory is that I am more emotional bc it's a girl, but I looked back at blogs from when I was pregnant with Luc and it was a lot of the same, but maybe not this early....
I also realize that we don't have much downtime these days. Naps are great but it's like lost time... you don't get to do anything during the nap except sleep and maybe dream. We hardly ever watch TV. We haven't been to the movies in a while. We do things and go places and see people and all of that is great but we are really missing some to ourselves time or some do nothing time. Oh my gosh, sorry for the whining, this blog is one of my 'outlets' so out it comes....
I've noticed braxton hicks contractions for a couple of weeks now.
I am having a hard time getting comfortable sitting or standing or laying down, haha. I'm not even halfway there yet... ugh.
I'm getting heartburn a little more now, like when I eat and when I don't eat.
I'm still worried about the thyroid stuff but there is nothing I can do besides get labs and medicate accordingly. I mean, that was one of the things they look for in the ultrasound, slow fetal growth due to thyroid problems. And she looked fine! so stop worrying already! um, ok.
um, and more on 'it's a girl'... I've already looked at crib bedding online, so fun :) It's of course now on to the unknown. I mean, I have done the baby boy thing and now the girl thing is different. You know, they have different parts, can the pee still zing through the air to get you? somedays I still can't believe I got pregnant again and now I am trying to process that this baby is a girl.
And for Luc: He is very happy that Mamé is here. He ran to meet and hug her at the airport! so sweet :) And I think he will learn lots of French in the next month. He is soaking it up like a sponge.
Luc is doing pretty good with potty training. Soon, I will have to accept that he's ready for underwear... Most days he is completely dry except for overnight. His only problem is pooping. He wants to go in the potty but it doesn't happen right away and he gets frustrated (it's almost like the poop gets scared off and then he gets a little constipated and that makes it harder to go.) I've stopped taking him to potty when he doesn't want to - like if he says no, then we don't go. We used to go 'try' to potty every so often but he got tired of sitting on the potty when he doesn't have to pee :)
Luc prefers to sit in regular people chairs instead of the booster seat chairs even when he is too short for the table.
Luc really likes preschool. And lately, he seems to like it even more and the reason seems to be there are some new girls in his class! fun :)
We told Luc that the baby in my belly is a baby girl, but I'm sure that doesn't make much sense to him yet.


So can't help with the rest of it but Emily never managed to pee on me. Her trick was to pee with the diaper off getting the changing table, her outfit and anything on the changing table. I actually always kept a folded blanket or extra cloth diaper there to contain the pee. As for the rest I bet you'll be OK but that doesn't help right now. Having a girl is great though and she'll be lucky to have you as a mama.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tips and vote of confidence :)
ReplyDelete