Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 3, 2011

Moments

We got our new car!  Mazda5.  It's red with sand interior (like beige/tan/grey color).  We have a buyer lined up for Nicolas's car. We will do that transaction today.  So sad to sell the GTI...  it just made more sense to keep the acura....  
I love sliding doors!!  The only negative on this car is that it doesn't offer power sliding doors. Still, it is awesome to not have to twist and turn to get  Luc's carseat into the backseat and there is enough room to have it behind the driver side so I don't have to walk around the car to get him out. We went on our first trip with the car and it had more packing space of course, but also, we could fit an extra person in the car (not when fully packed...) in the third row seats. So, car seat and 2 passengers in the back comfortably.  We just couldn't see the extra expense(minivans are expensive) and having to deal with the larger size of a regular minivan on a day to day basis just to have power doors....  The car is fun and is actually an inch shorter and narrower than the acura!

We went to my mom's for Memorial day weekend.  The whole family was together at once, that was really nice. That hasn't happened too often over the last few years. We had a really nice weekend. We went to the beach. Luc got pink cheeks from his day on the beach.  I felt guilty but I don't think it was a sunburn really, more like a little sun combined with wind and sensitive baby skin. Anyway, he seemed to enjoy his nap and meal under the umbrella, listening to the wind and mommy and nana chat. They had a birthday party for me!  It was a great time, great weekend, great fun!  We even stopped at my cousin's house on the way back to Raleigh, so had even more family time.  

I'm starting to think about/work on a sleep/nap schedule for Luc.  Lately, I think he fights sleep and gets overtired. So, I'm looking for his sleep cues and trying to have him nap before he gets cranky. 

He was 11 pounds, 5 ounces today.  

He's growing so fast now it seems. The last couple weeks seem like a big change but I can't pinpoint what it is.  He's reaching for things and thinking about it. Like, hmmmm, if I move my arm very slowly toward that thing, can I touch it?  We were in the car on the way back from mom's and i put a toy in his carseat with him,  like on his knees.  He didn't seem interested when I showed it to him, but when I looked back a few minutes later he was using his feet to pull it closer to him.  He seems to want to use his feet the same way as his hands. And eventually, he had the toy in his hands and was studying it intently (and trying to put it in his mouth).  That was a huge moment for me. I teared up and was overwhelmed with emotion at his, hmmm, evolution? interaction? interest? It was one of those 'real' moments, I guess I was proud of my little boy. Or amazed at watching him grow and learn. it's so hard to put into words.... so I'll stop here, but I was full to bursting with the moment.

I'm having another moment:)   Nicolas is playing Drops of Jupiter by Train on his guitar, I'm singing along with him, and Luc is on the play mat, making his happy noises and looking around. We are in Nico's office, the window is open, the fan is on and we are having a happy Friday.  OK, moment is over, Nico turned around to work.  I don't know how he does that, i would get NOTHING done... but there he goes and we are still in the room. Time for lunch though...  :)

It's all about the moments, right? They  make the memories and the life. If you can't tell, I'm happy with my life :)
Maybe I'm a little loopy from my disjointed night - Luc had trouble sleeping from gas pain!  Seriously, it was pretty bad, so I ended up sleeping with him on the futon in Nicolas's office on and off until 4am. Finally, I could put him back to bed and he didn't wake up crying. Yes, I gave him gas drops, but it didn't seem to make much difference.  


I scheduled my massage (gift from mother's day) and am looking forward to that tomorrow. I started going back to the chiropractor and that is helping a lot. 


I still owe a bunch of pics and videos.... and keep saying next time, so you'll get them when you get them!

No comments:

Post a Comment