Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

He laughs. He plays with his feet.

The changes seem to happen overnight... One day the size 1 diaper fits and then it seems the next day it doesn't. One day he starts looking at his feet and the next he's tring to put them in his mouth. The first few months go by kind of fast but this last month has gone into warp speed...

Nicolas was out this week so we were home by ourselves. I really admire single moms and those who are managing with much less support than I have. We did ok but I really wish Luc would go back to sleeping through the night... last night was rough. Then I tried to sleep while he was napping today and I couldn't fall asleep!

I think we are making progress with naps and sleep. At least I can try to put him down before he has a meltdown. If I put him down before he reaches that stage then he usually falls asleep without too much trouble, for naps or night. Of course it would be nice if his naps were longer. They range from 20 minutes to an hour if I'm lucky.

His hand eye coordination is improving every day.  He's really focusing on what he's trying to grab with his hands and making it happen. He takes his pacifier out and looks at it and then tries to put it back...usually not so successful.

Luc laughs. It's so fun to make him laugh! Today I started blowing raspberries at him and he thought that was pretty funny, mommy making funny shapes and noises with her mouth. He's ticklish on his ribs and his neck. When I go get him from his nap, he smiles and laughs while still in the crib. He likes the mobile hanging above the crib.

The more trying times this week involved poop coming out of his diaper and making it automatic laundry day but the dryer vent tube came off the back of the dryer and the washing machine is in the way of me reaching it to fix it and the washer weighs a freaking ton and my friend was supposed to show up at any moment expecting dinner that I hadn't made yet. Fortunately my friend helped me move the washer and finished making dinner while I put Luc to bed.

Oh yeah, so that means Luc pooped on a day other than saturday.

I attached some recent pics :)





No comments:

Post a Comment