Be prepared, this is a rambling post.
OK, so I know I still have a week before my due date but you just feel like it could happen any time, cause that's what they say but when it doesn't happen it gets kind of tedious and frustrating because you don't feel great physically and you just are ready to meet the baby. I feel his little foot stomping me in the side and I want to feel his foot for real! I want to be able to hold his little foot in my hand! So the waiting is just frustrating, you want the baby to come early now that it's probably safe. One morning I woke up with a contraction that was painful and my lower back ached. That was days and days ago, so obviously not it.
I do prefer my current state to that of early pregnancy and even some times during my second trimester (the horrible nausea and the pain in my lower back that made walking almost impossible some days). Right now I am just lugging around extra weight and alternating between 'tired' and 'ok, let's get some stuff done'... Yes, it's hard to move around but I still can... kind of :) Standing up from the couch is a new experience, I have to use my arms and push myself to the edge and then up. Actually, the hardest thing is sitting in a regular chair like at the dinner table. After sitting for a while my legs hurts when I get up and i have to walk around and stretch out before that feeling goes away.
I still have some heartburn but it's not quite as bad as it was and I can usually predict when it will be really bad - like after a big heavy restaurant meal or a lot of tomato foods. The Zantac helps me sleep through the night without waking from heartburn.
I gained 40 pounds which is more than I was supposed to, but who cares. Also, Genevieve says that the latest pics make me look bigger than I look in real life. Yay :) She got here Thursday night and kept saying, 'you are not as big as I expected.'
My lower back is starting to hurt a little but it's normal with all this baby in the front.
Hormones are acting out a little bit. I just am getting grumpy for no reason or sad for no reason. Doesn't last all day, sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes hours. Seems normal but it's irritating.
Now we are playing the waiting game. Due date is in a week but I'm impatient. I keep having the thought that it could take 3 more weeks! That's just inconceivable. I will go nuts.


No comments:
Post a Comment