We had out 39 week checkup today. Blood pressure was normal. Baby size is normal. Head is still down. Heart rate was normal. I also asked if the doctor could feel which way the baby is facing. He seems to be facing into the right side of my back. In other words his back is against my belly kind of to the left of my bellybutton. This definitely corresponds to where I usually feel the most kicking from what I assumed were his feet - the right side high under my ribs.
Then came the uncomfortable cervix check. The cervix is dilated to 3 centimeters and it is about halfway effaced (that means thinned out). It's so crazy to think that the cervix is open enough that the doctor can feel the head through it. Of course my water hasn't broken yet so he could only feel the head through the membranes but it's still crazy. Oh and the station was -1 (this is how far down in the pelvis the baby's head is). The station is a scale of -5 to +5, so he has already moved from -5 to -1 and is down in my pelvis and still has to go to +5 (which is birth). So what does this all mean? Well, hopefully labor will start soon... it could be hours, it could be days, a week. The doctor did say that since I am dilated to 3cm it is a good sign for the progress of the labor. That it's good that I'm already at 3 cm and labor hasn't started, so when it does start I have kind of a head start on the dilation.
I definitely am feeling less mobile than yesterday. I had to eat a snack already this afternoon because I was very hungry after dr visit. Genevieve and I went to Walmart before the dr visit and it was not a very comfortable walk for me around Walmart. Like I said this weekend, I'm feeling more uncomfortable and today is even worse than this weekend:)
We did kind of a test run on getting the hospital bag in the car and that worked well before our dr appointment. I now have mostly everything packed and ready.
So, still playing the waiting game but excited that something seems to be happening even if it doesn't mean something will happen immediately.


No comments:
Post a Comment