Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ultrasound - 27 weeks

We had an ultrasound this morning. He weighs 2 pounds and 5 ounces.  If she told us his length I wasn't paying attention. Everything is looking normal. All the sizes and measurements were normal. The amniotic fluid amount was normal.  Heart rate was 145. And we saw again, that yes, he is a boy :)

Yay for happy ultrasound!

In no particular order, because I don't feel like moving them around:

Zizi? (that was what nico named the file, must mean wee wee?)
anyway, it's definitely a boy!   :)

Looking at face and top of stomach, umbilical cord is above his head, kind of looks like coils in the picture:


 Feet!  Left foot and then right and left together :)


This one is harder to see.  it's the profile of the face. The brightest parts of the picture are the face from the side. The other light areas are legs or arms. Apparently by the time we got this picture he had put his knees up towards his nose.  



One thing that was interesting was having the ultrasound tech point out where his head and feet were. I know I'm getting bigger and he's getting bigger and is taking up most of that space there, but in my head I still feel like he is the same size he was 18 weeks when we saw him last, swimming around in there. But he's not so small now. And seeing that his head is on one side of me and his feet is on the other is kind of trippy :)


We have been super busy the last couple weeks.  We are dog sitting Joe now and have him until Dec 22. Nico's mom left yesterday and we filled all the time she was here with shopping for the baby and for Christmas.  We worked on the registry and have it mostly sorted out.  Since we don't really know what we are doing (first-timers) we are still unsure about some things and haven't made all the decisions.  My mom was here a couple days this week, and believe it or not we went shopping with her too!

We are still working on the name thing.

I have been feeling ok.  My last day of work is December 17th. So I am trying to finish up a bunch of stuff there.  I've been a little tired but better energy since I sorted out my low thyroid issue. Less crying lately.  Also, way less heartburn.   I want sugary foods all the time.  You know, brownies and cookies, and ice cream. I even bought donuts! A box of 6 glazed krispy kreme. The baby is moving so that I can see it from the outside sometimes. Nicolas saw my belly moving too :)

1 comment:

  1. I had to smile. You post reminded me how Elijah would make sure we knew he was a boy during untrasounds. To the point that it was like "OK we got it now be still so the lady can measure you". Glad your doing well.

    ReplyDelete