Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

cup, cheese, shoes, cheerios, kick....

These are all words Luc is saying or trying to say. He definitely knows what cup, cheese, shoes, cheerios are. He may not know what kicking is but he tried to say it while I was saying it and he was kicking me so maybe he knows what the word means. He's pretty good at saying cheese :)

I missed some things since Luc's birthday. We went to Grand Canyon. It was a great family trip with my mom and brothers. We met Anne out there and we scattered Dominic's ashes.  We went through Sedona and to the Grand Canyon. There are some amazing places out there. Beautiful scenery and history.

We went to the beach over Memorial Day weekend. Luc loved the ocean. Luc loved the pool. Luc loved the sand at the beach. We had a great time watching him love it all!  The only thing he didn't love was taking naps....

I put a note to write about shoes, but I don't know why. Maybe because he says shoes or he goes to find them when you say where are your shoes or he tries to put them on himself. Or maybe because he puts on our shoes and walks around the house. He thinks shoes are cool.

Huge news: he is saying mama. I think he is meaning to call me mama!  He's not just experimenting with the sound. Today he crawled up on the couch by himself (yes, by himself) and then he called me to come help him open a gadget. He said, "mama, mama!" and so I went and helped him with a big smile :)

We are going to France for a couple weeks. We are going next week, Luc and I will go on the 12th and Nico will follow on the 24th. We all come back on the 31st.

His sleeping habits are a little messed up right now.  He plays in his bed for 1-2 hours before he goes to sleep. and he's not getting enough sleep. Last night we put him down at 8:30 and he was up until 10:45. Then he woke up at 8. He's taking a nap during the day usually 1.5 to 2.5 hours sleep but he fights the naps too, plays in his crib....

He's growing a mullet (for those of you who may not know that term, it's when the hair is longer in the back).  He hasn't had a haircut yet. We're thinking of cutting it when we get back from France.



yes, apparently we take pictures of him eating. he's cute when he's eating.





No comments:

Post a Comment