Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 11, 2011

4 month checkup

Luc is 4 months old!  He had his checkup today along with another set of vaccination shots.  All good news!  And seriously, I don't think I will ever get used to him getting shots.  It's painful to watch!  My eyes still misted up a little, I don't look though, the nurses are in the way so I don't have to see.  Last time Luc stopped crying right after Nico picked him up.  This time was much different!  He was already tired from missing his nap and so I'm sure that was a factor but he cried all the way through checkout. Poor guy. He seems fine now.  Grabbing his toes like usual.

Here are his current stats:

Head circumference: 41.5 cm - 30th Percentile
Length: 25.5 inches,  (64.8 cm) - 75th Percentile
Weight: 12 pounds, 8 ounces (5.67 kg) - 20th Percentile

He hasn't gained much in the last 2 months.  Now that he's eating around the clock and sleeping better he seems to be packing on the ounces faster.  I think he may have gained 6 ounces last week.  Anyway, the doctor was happy with his muscle tone and developmental abilities (head control, grasping, sitting up assisted, standing assisted, etc)

Breastfeeding update:
It's been a while since I've mentioned this.  Overall, it's  going fine. About a month ago maybe he started wanting to eat more at night as well as during the day. After a few days of feeling like I didn't have enough to feed him, now I am feeling like I have enough all the time.  And I'm happy to feed him as much as he wants so he can try to keep up with where his weight should be. What else is changing?  Well, he is not in the same position he was. Since he's growing, I have to kind of tilt him and that's good because more of his weight can be supported by my lap.  ordered some new parts for the breast pump so hopefully that will make it more comfortable to pump. I have basically stopped and only pump when I'll be out. With Nicolas's mom coming we might have a date night or two and I'd like to get back into pumping so we have more flexibility overall.  I would like for it not to make me sore though!  

Teething!  Well, we think he's teething or pre-teething or whatever. The drool is like a faucet.  He's biting/chewing  things. One night we gave him tylenol cause he just seemed in pain!

He likes to put his feet up on things and push (like the playgym posts)

I am tired.  I am so thankful I have a wonderful husband who helps me get way more sleep than I would get if he left the house to go to work everyday.  those extra 2 hours are a blessing.

The house cleaners are here today.  It's freaking awesome!!  Everything is getting the intense clean, from top to bottom including blinds, windows, baseboards, you know those things collect dust.....

We have started reading to him sometimes.  I guess we were supposed to do that earlier but we haven't.  It holds his attention for a little while, talking and pictures.

We put together his high chair so he can now sit with us in the kitchen.  Of course he can't sit up on his own but the high chair props him up pretty well and he's all strapped in. He starts to slide sideways sometimes though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment