Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Hospital stay and coming home and after....

I was Gbs positive but didn't receive the required antibiotics during labor (since we didn't make it to the hospital before birth) so Mathilde had to have a blood draw so the hospital could do a culture to make sure she wasn't getting a GBS infection.  Both the 24 hour and 48 hour tests were good, so that was a relief.

My recovery was easier overall than with Luc.  Less stitches, moving around sooner.  
Luc met Mathilde in the hospital.  Still not sure what he thinks of Mathilde. He seems to like her but sometimes he gets too excited and is a little rough with her.

Mathilde was 7pounds 6 ounces on our checkout day, Sunday. By the next morning at her doctor's visit she was back to her birth weight! 7pounds 12 ounces


Breast feeding is painful this time around but not nearly as awful as with Luc. It helps that my milk came in faster and she is not feeding as much. My milk was coming in before we left the hospital. I still think I have this vasospasm thing which causes a lot of pain but it is manageable. The lactation consultant said her latch looked great. I am not crying every time I feed her (and now 3 weeks later as I write this, I rarely have pain, yay!!)


Mathilde makes a lot of noise, she squawks like a bird, maybe cries more than luc did.  She grunts a lot especially when pooping.

She looks very much like Luc but sometimes she looks distinctly different. I think she looks like a little marine because of her hair, looks like a buzz cut.


Luc is potty training or should I say he has graduated to daytime underwear and nap and night time diapers. He rarely has a wet or dirty accident and only a few nights a week does he actually pee in his night time diaper. He actually wakes up at all hours (0, 1, or 2 times a night) and asks to go pee, so Nicolas runs up to help him on the potty.

Genevieve has been a huge help.  We will have a big adjustment when she goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment