Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Braxton hicks? Or real contractions....

I've been having some Braxton hicks contractions and sometimes they are kind of regular for an hour or so but then calm down. Last night(Monday night) I had them every 4 minutes or so for about 5 hours and had some lower back pain as well. I called the doctor and ended up going to the hospital to find out what was going on. With the help of some medicine they eventually stopped. Fortunately, my cervix was not dilated so the contractions were not actual labor and the fetal fibronectin test was negative which is a very good indication that I will not go into labor in the next week or two. We went home at 2am.  They said to 'take it easy' and rest and to call if something changes. I'm 33 weeks so it's just too early to have her still, would be better if she waits to come out....

Today I am sore (from hours of contractions, uterus got a workout) and tired. I'm walking slowly and laying down a lot. I am not really in physical shape to truck around the grocery store... And am not too sure about picking Luc up...  Nico went out of town for work tonight (Tuesday) but first went to the grocery store and made dinner, a huge help! I have had some contractions today but nothing regular.

Well, it's Thursday and I still didn't post this! I'm feeling better, still having some contractions but nothing regular. I'm getting more rest by taking Luc to the drop in day care after his school gets out. He loves it and I get a couple more hours.  This is especially helpful since Luc is not taking a nap! agh! Physically, i am still a little slow and moving slowly.

Luc is talking, "I'm scooping the dirt with the bucket" "I'm making mess with the dirt" These are full sentences complete with words like 'the' ! It's a little difficult to understand sometimes but it's all there....  He learns new words every day it seems. We are proud :)

Luc is still potty training, yes, we have been potty training for like 9 months. obviously, we are not using the 3 day approach. He could probably do underwear now but he doesn't always want to poop in the potty and I don't want to clean it out of underwear. He 'usually' tells us when he has to potty but not always...

Luc had a fever last week and was feeling out of sorts. I think it was two new teeth coming in - his 2 year molars on the top... very big and pointy teeth.

This baby was still head up but as of today is head down - yay! if she stays this way then no c-section.


Hmmm, so are we ready for baby girl to come out yet? No :)  I haven't checked what clothes I have or anything....  We are still working on her room/the guest room and have a bunch of stuff to do there.  We've got to put up curtains. I have to wash some stuff and get organized. we even need to buy diapers...  After our hospital visit on Monday, we should probably pack a hospital bag so we are ready....

No comments:

Post a Comment